CALL FOR TEXTS
One of the purposes of the Video Mapping European Center is to provide this resource portal with as much content as possible on video mapping, a discipline that has been little documented so far.
We are thus proposing a permanent call for texts, in order to feed the resource portal.
The themes we would like to read about are:
- The history of video mapping
- Writing: narrative, interactive, immersive ...
- The uses of video mapping in non-artistic fields: mediation tool, heritage enhancement tool, territory attractiveness, marketing tool, industrial use, in the health sector, etc.
- Case study of singular artwork
- The use of sound and music in video mapping
- The economy of video mapping: structuring of companies, jobs, training, business models, markets...
- Video mapping technologies, software, servers, video projectors...
- Mapping and institutions: the problem of non-recognition of video mapping (no support for creation, no recognition as an art form by many institutions) and its repercussions on the development of creation and innovation.
But don't hesitate to suggest other themes related to video mapping.
How it works:
The authors will submit their application on the following form:
Title / problematic / 10 lines summary / number of signs / CV of the candidate
The candidate has the choice between offering his/her contribution free of charge, or requesting a grant for writing. In his or her application, he or she will specify whether he or she is offering his or her text free of charge or applying for a grant. The proposed texts must be between 10,000 and 35,000 characters long.
2,000 euros per year are dedicated to the grants.
Texts of less than 20,000 characters will receive 100 euros, texts of more than 20,000 characters will receive 200 euros. The grants are paid on an official invoice or copyright note.
Authors may provide illustrations, but must prove that they have the copyrights.
The proposals will be examined by an editorial committee that will give a reply to the authors within two months maximum.
The author will then have a maximum of 3 months to send his/her text, which will be re-read by the editorial committee, which may make suggestions for modifications to the author.
The grant will be paid after the final text has been submitted, which will then be put online.
Application to be sent to: